Sunday, February 1, 2015

FOR LOVE & MONEY!

February is a month for showing love to those people in our lives. It is also the money month - taxes; will you give or get?


Church this morning and evening and I always look forward to that.  Rain moving our way as heavy snow is moving in the midwest and north.  Stay safe and warm, and we will try to stay dry!

On the wind in February
Snowflakes float still,
Half inclined to turn to rain,
Nipping, dripping, chill.
—Christina G. Rossetti

February comes from the Latin word februa, which means "to cleanse." The month was named after the Roman Februalia, which was a month-long festival of purification and atonement.

Folklore for the Season
Married in February's sleety weather, Life you'll tread in tune together.
Violent north winds in February herald a fertile year.
If February give much snow, A fine summer it doth foreshow.
Fogs in February mean frosts in May.

  GOD BLESS US EVERYONE

9 comments:

  1. I just got my tax form in from the school (financial aid, grants etc)--it doesn't look like either for me. I have no income.---cold, looks like snow (they say 18 inches)--looks to be one of those winters here. I try not to complain, because winter is my favorite, but it does get tiring after awhile, wink. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I agree 100%. Winter is my favorite too, but these dark, dreary days get to me, no matter what. We just have to 'tie a knot and hang on', for spring isnt too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to share the last part of your blog. Have never heard that before, about Feb. I guess the storm watch they had for our area has been called off, but I don't always trust the weather men, so will wait and see what happens. You two have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your header today!
    We're supposed to get a foot of snow today. We made it home from church and now we're staying put!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had some freezing rain today that turned into snow this evening. It looks so pretty outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cartoon at the top and your background, Linda! Brilliant! I know your are enjoying your worship time today! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As far as a "refund", I set it up where I send them a check at the end of a year. That way we keep our money as long as possible. *wink*
    I hope your weather is not brutal. Do be careful on the roads and know you have our prayers.
    Luv ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We tend to receive, but the taxes aren't done yet, so we shall see!

    ReplyDelete