ODDS AND ENDS:
We have an appointment to have Jim's blood checked to see which blood thinner we will be using. He has atrial fib, and I am sure some of you know what that is! He has been taking Coumadin, which requires a blood check every month, and now have script for Eliquis and hope to take this one from now on.
Grayce got her braces put on and her mouth is a little sore. She has an over-bite and that is what they hope to correct.
Caroline is having a sleep over tonight to celebrate her upcoming birthday on Monday. She is having 4 little girls, and Jennifer, her Mom and my daughter, said she remembers how much fun she had with sleep overs.
Rayven is getting excited and getting ready to leave on her college tour this coming Sunday. She is washing her clothes and packing tonight. She is getting her nails done tomorrow. The high school she attends is sponsoring this trip and they will visit 5 different colleges. There are 25 juniors going on the trip. We hope she might find the school she wants to attend.
Jesse is staying with us tonight until Murphy gets off work. We thought Rayven could get a lot more done without him to 'bug' her!
The other two grands, Elizabeth and Aryn, have no plans this weekend.
I purchased a new printer yesterday. I tried all day to print and for the life of me, I couldn't get it to work. I am thinking it has something to do with Windows 10, that I recently installed. I finally uninstalled it, and called it a night. I will work on it again today.
Hints for the day:
Useful Hints from 19001. Iron pillowslips lengthwise instead of crosswise if you wish to iron wrinkles out instead of in.
2. Do not give sick people fried foods or anything highly seasoned. Avoid hot bread and biscuits and strong tea and coffee.
3. Bathe the face and hands of a feverish person with warm water that has a bit of common soda dissolved in it. A few drops of alcohol or cologne are often pleasant to use to bathe the sick.
4. Marble washstands and mantelpieces can be cleansed by simply washing the surface with warm water to which a little borax has been added, polishing afterward with a dry cloth.
5. House cleaning should have no fixed date, but should depend entirely upon the weather.
6. It is rarely warm enough to leave off fires until late in the spring, but many small things can be done before the real cleaning begins.
7. Tansy leaves scattered around spots infested by ants will cause them to disappear.
My cat picture for today:
(He looks like he has a coat on!)