Sunday, July 19, 2015

SLOW DOWN

Does it seem to you that time is just flying by?  As a child, summer couldn't get here fast enough, and now in my golden years, it seems to pass entirely too fast.  I want to see my grandchildren grown and happy.  I want to continue to have 'most' of my memory and to be able to relate to others.  Sigh!

The Neighborhood Bible Club was in full swing and am hoping to hear good news at church this morning.  We couldn't stand long enough to help out, but we supported by donating candy, posting a sign in our yard and by praying.


Just as evening was drawing near, all of a sudden we heard sirens.  We live on one of the main roads in our neighborhood and we are used to police cars and/or fire trucks coming down the road.  This was somewhat different.  Over a dozen, yes, actually that many, police cars flew past our house.  Naturally we all went on our porches to see what was going on.  As it turned out, a man had robbed a Subway restaurant up on the highway and was trying to get away.  In doing so, he broke into someone's house, and someone saw what was happening and reported it to the police.  They did apprehend the man after searching the hills and area around the house.
This week has been a very scary week, in our neighborhood and in our nation.  

My hint for today:

My cat picture for today:
He looks like he can't decide which one to eat first!

6 comments:

  1. Good grief, Linda, that is scary! I'll tell you, shaking my head...it is scary what is going on in todays time.

    I had to chuckle about your header, where in the world did 48 years go (for me)? My mom use to say, "You just wait and see, Missy!!"

    Have a lovely day, Linda. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year does seem to be speeding by. Looks like the turn out was good for the children's Bible Club.
    That must have been so frightening to see/hear the police response so soon after the earlier tragedy this week. I am thankful they apprehended the robber.
    I wish you a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. meant to say that cat looks like I do when I am trying to decide what flavor of ice cream to order!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, time please slow down! Happy to hear that they caught the robber before anyone was hurt. Enjoy your Sunday dear friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if we had been told that time goes too fast, we wouldn't have believed it anyway. Glad they caught the thief before he broke into someone else's house. It is a very scary time for us. Looks like the Neighborhood Bible Club was a huge success!! Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, you sure had a story to blog about! Glad it all turned out ok. Glad your Good News Club went so well!

    ReplyDelete