Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy Friday morning!  Try as I might, I never conquered folding the fitted sheet, did you?

It is 29F degrees with an expected high of 55F.  The schools are closed.  Unreal. We had a flake or two of snow yesterday, but in our yard and on our streets, nada.  The mountains surrounding Chattanooga did get a ground cover and their temps are always lower, but to close schools for that????? I am sure the kiddos are thrilled to have another long weekend, as Monday schools are closed for Martin Luther King Day, but making up these days are not going to be so much fun at the end of the school year.

My 9 year old granddaughter concocted her own recipe for banana puddin' and she had her Mom, my Jenn, to take a picture and send to me.  I wrote back and told Caroline she could make that for me any time.  She does like to cook but she prefers her own recipes to the ones in a book!  It had vanilla yogurt, crushed graham crackers sliced bananas, and topped with whipping cream.  Who wouldn't like that?   
We had planned to go to Aryn's basketball game tonight, but with schools closed, doubt they will play.  So, Mr. Friday night, bring on the tv shows.

Useless Advice of the Day
Add a tablespoon or two of honey to cake batter for a moister cake.
Fog in January brings a wet spring. (If the wet spring has 'some' sunshine, can't get here soon enough)
To soothe a sore throat, boil pomegranate rinds in water and drink as a tea. (as if we keep pomegranates on hand)
Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet. (Nuf said!)
Clutter control: Next time you add to your wardrobe, discard something. (I need to discard more than one something)
It is lucky to keep a jar of pennies in the kitchen. (I do have a jar of all kinds of coins, does that count?)
To keep used steel-wool pads from rusting, store them in the freezer. (OK)
To clean marble, use a solution made of 3 tablespoons baking soda and 1 quart water. (Oh yes, all my marble will be cleaned with this....hahaha)

GOD BLESS US EVERYONE

7 comments:

  1. Yep-now I can clean all my marbles, too, if I can find them!! LOL

    Love your Caroline, and her banana pudding sounds yummy! I remember being creative with cake mixes at that age. Now the same recipes I created are on Pinterest!

    Stay safe & warm up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm 'nanner puddin'!! No matter how it is made!!! I loveeeeee nanner puddin' (there goes that southern thing). Stay warm--cold, snowy here...well...that's NY for you in the winter, LOLOL. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of nanner puddin' too. *giggle* The recipe sounds scrumptious and now I want some.
    I like the "useless" advice. I plan to remember the add a tablespoon or two of honey to cake batter. Can't go wrong with honey in almost anything. We keep our penny jar in the bedroom. Hope that's good luck too.
    Stay warm up there y'all!
    Luv ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love some of that banana puddin' :) How strange that they closed the schools today. I'm sure it made for happy children and teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe a career in the kitchen is in your granddaughter's future. That pudding sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granddaughters recipe sounds very good! I'm sure the kids were happy about a day off, but it does seem funny that they closed.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Friday night sounded about as exciting as mine. LOL But at least we didn't get into any trouble for it. I have Time Warner downloaded on Abe's old ipad, and I can see lots of TV programs on it, so I watch the Game Show Network a lot. That pudding looks delicious. Since our daughter and granddaughter are out on their own again, granddaughter is learning to cook more and finds she likes doing it. She's 14. Love the useless advice, might have to steal/borrow it for my blog. Have a great Sat. sun is starting to come up here, looks like it's going to be a nice day. Daughter is working, so ole grandma will have to pick up granddaughter and take her to school tonight, at 6:45, the pep band will play for the basketball game, she play sax.

    ReplyDelete