Sunday, November 2, 2014

To God be the glory, great things He hath done,
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life-gate that all may go in.
 Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
 Let the earth hear His voice;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
 Let the people rejoice;
Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
 And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.

Good Sunday morning.  I got the above song on my mind yesterday and either hummed it or attempted to sing it all day.  It has a special meaning for me.

It may seem weird to you, but when my Mother was 60, and never had been sick a day in her life, she died.  Her next door neighbor had come to her house to check on her for some reason, and called to tell me she was staying with my mother until the ambulance and me, got there.  By the time we got there, having lived in Georgia and had a fairly long drive, they were putting her in the ambulance.  All I could do was fall to my knees and thank God......for not letting her suffer......for letting her live a good life......for the love and care she gave me for 34 years.....for being a single parent who gave up her life for me.  That song came to me and ever since that day, it has been special to me.

So, if your parents are still alive, tell them you love them whenever you have the chance, because none of us know the minute or hour or day, that it will be our turn. He opened His life-gate for her that day.

I pray today will have a special blessing for you!

8 comments:

  1. Have a great day. Loveee your background!!!--how true your post is. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow would have been my dad's 88th birthday, but we lost him at age 63. Much too soon. I understand your post, and that you were relieved that your mom didn't suffer. My dad did suffer. Cancer sucks.

    Stay warm up there! We are cold here, this morning....brrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice. I'm so sorry you had lost your mother so suddenly, but I agree that it was wonderful that she did not suffer. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you lost your Mother so young. My Mother was 91, still in farily good health and had a great mind and sense of humor. Then the car accident, she never regained consciousness. It was like she was hanging on waiting for something, so I got close to her ear and explained that my younger brother that was driving, was ok, the hospital did not keep him. I'm not sure that helped her or not. Because the next night he came into the hospital had either been drinking or high on drugs, he had a habit of both, and when he went into her room, our one daughter staying in the room with her said all of her Vital Signs went crazy. Finally daughter convinced him to go get something to eat and then he never came back, she assumed he went home. As soon as he left the room, and our daughter was holding Mom's hand and rubbing her arm, all of her vital signs went back to normal. So you never know what they can hear when they are unconscious. I just hope she knew how much I loved her and the whole family loved her also. She was a terrific Mother and Grandmother. She started out so young, 13 when she got pregnant with me, Dad was going on 18, I told Mom, in the day and age, he would have been arrested. Hugs to you and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost my Mom in a very similar way, but she was 69. I was thankful that there was no suffering too.
    That song is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of my favorite hymns. I don't like any of the new ones, only the "old" ones.
    This post made me tear up. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Mom so long ago. At least we all have the comfort of knowing we'll be with our loved ones again someday. Jesus does make all these hardships, trials and separations all right.
    Have a blessed evening folks.
    Luv ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I remember you mother......she had a great sense of humor, always a smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete