I am thankful for the big things, but more important to me, are the small things that come along in my life.
1. Before church started last night, a young girl came up to me with a sack,
and said, 'Mom told me to give this to you'. It is a carrier for my Bible. It opens like a book and my Bible fit perfectly. It has a place for a pen, notes, pictures, etc. This Mother has 4 children, works two jobs to feed and clothe them, and yet she gave me a gift. I am thankful.
2. I am thankful that a young man in our church is moving back home (Chattanooga) from Atlanta. He is such a nice guy and is liked by all. You may have heard the expression, 'he/she is totally sold out for Christ', he is. He is just a delight and was a big part of our church family.
3. I enjoyed track and field, and volleyball, but I am thankful basketball season will start next week. We enjoy watching our granddaughter play.
4. Same granddaughter was inducted into the National Beta Club yesterday. I am thankful for her ability to play all sports and yet keep her grades up.
5. I don't own a coat. I know that seems strange, but until last year, I haven't needed one, as I have always been hot natured. Brrrr...that has changed in my old age, and I freeze! I am thankful that I found a coat I want and ordered it yesterday.