Sunday, July 13, 2014

THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY!

     If I were a betting woman, I would bet you are tired of hearing about my ailments!  There is such a drastic change after the epidural, I just keep thinking....hang on, it won't be much longer.  Tomorrow!!!

     My title picture is so funny and so true in many ways.  The kids are fun but can be nerve racking at the same time.  I can think back to so many times they have said or done something and I wondered if what I was doing was right.  lol

     One of those children that tested my nerves is Murphy.  He was the baby and had two older sisters.  He always said he had three Moms.  He is grown up now and has 2 of his own, and I am sure he is going through the things I did with him. Below is one of the things he has accomplished and he is tickled pink.  More than that, his Dad is so thankful that he has planted his first garden and everything is blooming and growing.  If he gets just a handful of cherry tomatoes, he brings them in our house to show his Dad.

     Jim has always been a farmer, grew up on a farm and loves having a garden, as much as we ladies enjoy our flower gardens.  None of our three children had ever shown any interest in having one, so when Murphy turned the earth, planted the seeds, and watered faithfully, this is just one of the many things we will be able to enjoy.  And the gardening has been passed on.............

     Below is a picture of the AAU basketball team that has been in Nashville all week for a showcase.  There were many college coaches there, scoping out girls they might be interested in recruiting.  They cannot actually offer anything until September 1st, but this gives them a chance to see 'what is out there'.  The girls did a good job and had fun doing it!  Aryn, my granddaughter is on the front row on the right end.

     Praying you have a good day and can worship the One that gave us abilities to do anything we set our minds to.

12 comments:

  1. Good morning, Linda! Praying that your epidural kicks in ASAP! That is one heck of a watermelon from Murphy's garden. How did you come up with the name Murphy when naming your son? I love this name and you don't hear it all that often! Love the basketball picture! Aryn is growing up right before our eyes. I remember when I first met you on Multiply she was just a little girl! Have a blessed Sunday..Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, his name is James (his dad's name) Murphy, which is my maiden name.

      Delete
    2. Ohh...Murphy would make a good first name too.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a nice looking watermelon. I bet it is going to taste yummy. I have been hungry for watermelon and need to go buy one. Wish I could grow some but our ground is not good for growing veggies. Hope you are have a nice Sunday sweet Linda. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of hearing you/ailments. That watermelon looks good! Good Job Murphy! Rain and humid here, expecting severe weather. Praying for tomorrow/you. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you extra tomorrow, for a successful epidural. Murphy's watermelon is huge!! We are so used to seeing the little seedless ones here in our stores. I'm sure it will taste even more sweet, coming from his own land! Aryn is so talented! I'm sure she will be getting several offers from colleges. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious looking watermelon. He did good. I hope he plans to share it. That's big enough for a backyard party.
    I'm saying a prayer for you and the epidural tomorrow. Hope you get relief asap. Take care, my friend, and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, never despair about sharing the ailments. We all deeply feel for our dear sister (and brother) in Christ. This helps us pray for you both. I pray with all my heart that you will receive relief very soon and have no more pain.
    The watermelon looks so tempting. We had one last week. And your family is always pleasant too look at. It's nice to put faces to the names. Best wishes to you all my friend! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel like we're sick of hearing about your pain. We like to know what's going on, plus we can pray for you!
    That's a great watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never stop telling us about anything you wish to share my friend!
    Love visiting here with you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck today with your procedure. Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an amazing watermelon. Hope it's sweet and juicy. Hope your shot works well for you. Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete