Tuesday, June 24, 2014

LIVE HAPPY IN 2014

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."  
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING: 
~Your kids are becoming you .. . . .. . but your grandchildren are perfect. 
~Going out is good . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . Coming home is better! 
~You forget names . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . But it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you! 
~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything . .. . especially golf! 
~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore! 
~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed.  It's called "pre-sleep". 
~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch. 
~You tend to use more 4 letter words . . . "what?" .. . . "when?". . . ” ??? 
~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere. 
~You notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"! 
~What used to be freckles are now liver spots. 
~Everybody whispers. 
~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet . . . 2 of which you will never wear. 

~ But Old is good in some things, Old Songs, Old Movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS.  
Stay well, "OLD FRIEND! " 


7 comments:

  1. How true this is..thanks for the chuckles. Keeping you in prayer. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...couldn't have spoken truer words! My favorite:"You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch." I think I do pretty good with new technology but don't give me the remote control. There are so many buttons on there..I can't stand it! I know how to turn the channel and adjust the volume, anything else..I just give it to the kids to do..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I have the three sizes, and plenty of freckles changing to liver spots. Thanks for the laughs. Hope you and Jim are doing ok today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good. Yes, I have those 3 sizes, I use the 4 letter words often and I have the freckles. Plus my hubby does that "pre-sleep" almost every night. :)
    Hope you and Jim are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, how true! Especially the whispering. Why do people whisper now? Speak up, would ya?! *lol* I also have a lot of large "freckles" now. These really had me chuckling.
    I hope y'all are having a good day. I pray you can be healed soon. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old friends, for sure!! Good list and post, Linda! Very true!

    ReplyDelete