Thursday, June 5, 2014

Good morning!  I think I have only posted throw back pictures maybe once or twice, but I found this one of Aryn and decided to share.  She was a cutie then, and still is lovely to us today.

I was trying to think of what I wanted to post this morning and an idea hit me....I will post the brands I use, and hope you will do the same.  We might learn about something good to try.

1)  Brand of coffee - Community (served at The Broken Egg Restaurant)(or Dunkin Donuts)

2)  Butter or margarine - Butter

3)  % of milk - We use 1%...whole milk tastes like cream to us now.

4)  Do you use sugar substitute or just sugar in your coffee or tea?  We use Equal.  Sugar makes it too sweet.

5)  Laundry detergent - Tide Pods all the way!!!

6)  Brand of tea - Luzianne

7)  Soup - Campbells to eat and local brand to use in crock pot or to mix in a dish.

8)  T.P. - Cottonell

9)  Bread - Colonial, white.  I am not a big bread eater, so this is what Jim likes.

10)Potato Chips - Any of Lay's is good.

OK, now you tell me what your preferences are!

**********
After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps. 
~Miss Piggy

7 comments:

  1. What a fun post!
    1) no coffee for me
    2) Butter
    3) skim milk - I had to wean my hubby down from whole when we got married
    4) no tea or coffee to sweeten
    5) I tried the pods and didn't like the, Liquid Tide for me!
    6) No tea for me (I drink a lot of water)
    7) Same as you for the soup
    8) Northern mega rolls
    9) Aunt Millies low cal bread
    10) Whatever chips are on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. We drink most any medium roast K-Cup that is affordable. Right now we are using Daily Chef, Columbian Supremo. 80 in a box, at Sam's Club.

    2. Butter! Haven't used margarine for years now.

    3. Skim Milk (Fat Free), but used mainly for cooking. We don't drink milk.

    4. I drink mine black most of the time, but we use Truvia (Stevia). It is a natural sweetener. We stopped using Equal and Splenda.

    5. We use a generic from Sam's Club that is very affordable and works as well as the Tide I used to use all time (half the price!).

    6. When I make iced tea, I use Luzianne and that is what we see in most of the restaurants. I drink water, though.

    7. We rarely have canned soup. I make it from scratch.

    8. Sam's Club brand of soft 2-ply TP. It is a nice as Charmin and costs a lot less.

    9. I can go without bread, but it is a staple for Joe. We never buy white bread anymore. We do whole wheat or multi-grain so we at least feel like we are eating healthier.

    10. When we buy them, we get Lays with ridges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, sorry for the couple of errors...wish we could EDIT our comments without deleting them and starting over!!

      I forgot to mention that I love the Aryn photos!! She has remained adorable!!

      Delete
  3. I thought I was already a follower. I may be following x 2. :) That baby girl is beeeeeutiful! I just love photos of the children. My favorite kind of coffee is the kind in those new machines, the single cup in a cup. Whatever you call it. It makes a perfect coffee. Margarine, skim milk, Progressive Wild Rice and Chicken soup if I don't make home made. It is yummy! I forgot the rest:) I'm happy to be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy Master Blend..

    Margarine

    2 % milk. Hubby & son are lactose intol.

    Campbells

    Charmin

    Sugar

    Arm & Hammer pods

    Luzianne (is there any other brand?lol)

    Strohmans Bread

    Utz chips

    I think I got it all. That was fun, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the picture of Aryn. She is/was a cutie. :)
    I enjoyed your answers.

    Ok, here goes:
    1) Kroger's Decaff.
    2) Butter.
    3) Lactose intolerant, can't drink milk.
    4) Splenda.
    5) All Clear liquid. Deodorized detergent smells horrid to me.
    6) Any kind of decaff.
    7) We only eat home made now.
    8) Cottonell.
    9) Arnold Whole Wheat
    10) Don't eat potato chips. They make me fat. :)

    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well.....interesting comments. Let me just add to the above.....Aryn is gorgeous!

    It's me and 2 cats, so I don't do a lot of cooking and I don't drink coffee or tea. Just lots and lots of water. A kidney stone taught me that!!! I use only fat free milk for my cereal and whatever detergent and TP is on sale. I don't buy potato chips because I think the entire bag is one serving!! I love Skinny Pop popcorn for crunchy stuff....just 30 calories per cup, When I bake...not very often...I use butter.
    My only brand loyalties are Total cereal, whoever makes Peppermint Patties and Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

    ReplyDelete