Monday, May 12, 2014

THIS TIME OF THE YEAR........

About this time of the year, people are either already on vacation or trying to decide where to go and when. We used to hit the road as soon as school was over and try to travel to a different part of this great country. We were successful in going to every state except Alaska and Hawaii.  There is so much to see and do.  I hope you get to enjoy whatever you choose.  For us, at this time of our lives, our vacation will be 'home sweet home'!  We both talked about it and wished we could still hit the road, but are also thankful that we were able to do that in years gone by.

My Sunday School teacher is just the best!  She was a school teacher and taught all 3 of our children, and now she is teaching me.  She studies and is ALWAYS prepared on Sunday mornings.  She is also a 'giver' and we never know when she will come in with something to give us. Yesterday she brought each lady a long stem rose!
Mother's Day was quiet for me, as all three of my children were either out of town or had other plans.  We are going to have a celebration this Sunday for Mother's Day, Murphy and Jim's birthdays, Memorial Day and any other day that needs to be celebrated.  It isn't easy to get all of us together at the same time, so we try to pick a day in each month and do it all then!

Did you know-----
Love-Locks Bridge,Paris,France. Couples that have found the loves of their lives take a lock, lock it on the fence, and throw the key in the river:) one of the most romantic things I've ever heard.


It’s true that we don't know what we’ve got until we lose it, 
but it’s also true that we don't know what we’ve been missing until it arrives.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. What a sweet blog you have! Thanks for visiting me. I will now be following your blog. My step-son and his family along with my brother all live in Tennessee so we have a connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No vacations here, b-r-o-k-e. Might take some in state visits though (day trips). How romantic (the Locks). Keeping you in prayer. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our vacations are spent at home. I love it, just wish during that time, someone would come in and do the laundry, clean and cook for me. Now that's a vacation. LOL I love your saying at the end of your blog. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is so great that you have visited 48 of our 50 states! Wow. I haven't even seen more than a dozen, and none to the west. Sounds like this coming weekend will be a blast, with all of you together and so many great things to celebrate. Doing it big, once a month, is a great idea! Don't forget your camera!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We once traveled extensively. Back when it was fun before the TSA and such. I prefer "stay-cations" now. I much prefer sleeping in my cushy bed with my own food and comfortable house. It's much more relaxing. We do occasionally take Day Trips. I'm happy.

    The lock idea is neat! Wish we had cool stuff like that here. We're a small farming community and not much goes on. But, that's what I like about it: the tranquility.

    Praying that you both are well. ~:)

    PS: Been to Hawai'i. You're not missing much. I was really disappointed after our visit. Hey, that would make a good Throw Back Thursday, wouldn't it?! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the story of the locks. How romantic. No summer vacation for us either. I don't remember the last time I got a vacation. I'd love to have just a couple days away from the house and see new sites. Oh, well.
    Having that family celebration will be great. With everyone growing up and going separate ways, it is hard to get everyone together. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really neat about the locks. Have a good day when you all get together to celebrate. I had one daughter and son-in-law but I don't get bent out of shape if they can't both be here. There are other people to be considered too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've certainly done a lot of traveling! We enjoy it but haven't been to nearly that many places.
    What a wonderful Sunday school teacher!
    The lock fence is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of the lock fence, but I love it. I'm here trying to catch up, I've been gone too long. I particularly enjoyed your posts about your mother and your photos from Jr. high.

    ReplyDelete