Sunday, June 14, 2015

THINK

Two of the deacons from our church came for a visit yesterday afternoon. The older one said that he liked reading what I posted on Facebook because it was always positive, never negative and Scripture was there almost every day.  I said thank you of course, but I am not, by nature, a negative person.  I realize that young people read Facebook posts and I try to encourage with my comments, etc.

He went on to say that the little things in life sometimes turn out to be the big things. For example, he said he was shaving the other day, and started thinking of the little things we forget we have.  Eye lashes, hairs in our nose, fingernails, ears to hear, etc. When I started my blog this morning, I too began to be thankful for little things.  God created a human with every single little thing we need to function in His world.

It isn't Thankful Thursday, but I am thankful for so many things.  A personal relationship with God, my family, my church and church family, vision, hearing, able to touch and feel, taste, and yes, the hairs in my nose!

Friends, what little thing are you thankful for?


My cat picture for today:
The little things!

9 comments:

  1. I often forget about the little things. I guess we all do. But there is so much to be thankful for. It really hit home with me when I had to go to get my infusions each week following my cancer surgery. I was still alive (number one), I had my hands, my feet. I could feel the pain of the needle. It was bad when the feeling had gone out of your limbs. I had people who cared. Now years later I still have people who care. I can see, hear, smell, taste and feel. There is so much to be thankful for that it would take the rest of my life here on earth to name them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you both enjoyed the visit from the Deacons. I am thankful for my salvation and for Eternal Life. I'm thankful for blog friends. Thankful this a.m. to enjoy the sights, sounds, and scents of outdoors on a glorious Sunday morn. Have a good day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto the five senses! We do tend to forget the little things. Thanks for the reminder this morning, Linda. I have been so blessed and am so thankful for life, friends, my faith and church, family, even the challenges and opportunities put before me each day. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh...I just rambled on about FB--please forgive me, Linda. I agree, we often forget about the little things; I am thankful for my salvation, and many other things. Thank your for another lovely post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, encouraging post! Yes, we have so much to be thankful for. Of course right now I'm very thankful for the little baby growing inside of me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful for you. When is your baby due? Is it your first? I am full of questions arent I?

      Delete
  6. So true! It's good to be reminded that God is the God of big and small. Today I'm thankful for a nice day at work, getting out on time and taking a short nap when I got home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you....it really is about the small things. Just waking up, coffee, meals with family, and all the things in between :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deacons still visit? Wow. I had no idea. =D

    I am thankful for many things, but had not thought to be thankful for those you listed. I do know, from experience, that it is best to have a toenail than not. Fun to think about the reasons behind the design. God is, after all, the Master of Design.

    ReplyDelete