Thursday, June 11, 2015

I was going to post a TBT picture today, but couldn't find one right away.  I would have to search and with all the junk around here, it would take all day.

So, instead, I just want to say good morning, and hope you have a good day.

I have been searching tomato pie recipes, and found a couple I want to try.  When the tomatoes are ripe, I will make one and post the picture and recipe I will use.  No one seems to have one that is tried and true.

We have Jesse this morning for a few hours.  Murphy mows an elderly lady's yard and he wants to get it done before the 90+ temperatures appear.  

Speaking of Jesse, he discovered my computer's camera yesterday and took these pictures.  I posted on Facebook, so you may have seen them there.

We were so glad to be back at church last night.  Our church family means a lot to us. 

We are studying 2 Timothy 3, and it is very timely.  Our Pastor made a statement and it is so true or should be.  "If we are believers of the Word of God, Christians, we should not be worried or scared during these days.  We all say things are so bad in the world, and that is true, but just think....as it grows worse and it will, we are closer to being in Heaven with our Father."

3:1-5
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.


My cat pictures for today---

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smiles...Jesse is sure a nice looking young fellow. Blessings (temps here are suppose to reach 85*--like yesterday--pretty 'steamy')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those verses are spot on for these times! What a handsome fella! I will look for my tomato pie recipe and share it with you. Enjoy you day my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse is a cutie!! I can see a little bit of you in him, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love tomato pie here in the south----but only if we have a large crop of
    tomato's in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make it, would you share your recipe? I am in Tennessee and our tomatoes are just about ready.

      Delete
  5. I have a tomato casserole recipe with cracker crumbs for a topping. Is the pie sweet or savory?

    Grands find everything that is techie! He's cute!

    Great verse for these times. Might as well be reading the morning paper. Good advise from your pastor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not a sweet pie. Would you be willing to give me your casserole recipe? Our tomatoes are just about ready.

      Delete
  6. Good Afternoon, Linda. It is hot/humid here today and we hope we will get a little rain. So glad that you two could attend church last night. Thank you for sharing these verses. Jesse is cute as can be! I know he was a bright spot in your morning. I look forward to you sharing your tomato pie results. Blessings to you; so nice to "visit" daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to Google Tomato Pie and see what pops up. Let me know if you find one? Gotta try it. It is hot and humid here. Thank goodness it's started raining again. I like reading the books of Timothy too. His Word is always timely and so comforting. I wonder how they get these cats to pose! Must be some quick camera work going on. *giggle* Luv ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cat picture, and those of Jesse. I missed them on FB so am happy you reposted them here! Have a good Friday (tomorrow!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute pictures of Jesse! That's great encouragement from your pastor for these days.

    ReplyDelete