Monday, May 4, 2015

YIN AND YANG!

Ever get into a creative or emotional funk? Times where you just feel down and defeated?

It's okay to have a meltdown.

Once the tears have dried and you get out of the fetal position, you'll start to feel a little better.  You don't have to be strong all the time. These are times when we evaluate our character and overcome what's bringing us down.  We need to feel these things from time to time in order to restore our truer selves right?
  
How do you get out of your "moods" where you just want to throw in the towel?

Lately, so much has been happening in my world, that I am beginning a downward spiral. My son's upcoming divorce, my daughter's upcoming hysterectomy, my health, Jim's health, and of course I could go on and on, but won't bore you to death.  I guess I just needed to type my feelings out and hopefully move on.

Yes, I pray.  Yes, I believe the Lord will work things out in His time, but I am human and it doesn't mean I don't have meltdowns.

The yin yang meaning and symbol date back to ancient China and represent the belief that everything in the universe consists of two forces that are opposing but complementary.

 Examples illustrating the philosophy of yin yang include:

Life and death
Heaven and earth
Night and day
Dark and light
Health and sickness
Poverty and wealth
Cycle of the seasons - Cold to hot
(...and as my title says, ME AND MINE)

My health is driving me bonkers.  I had the epidural a week ago today.  It worked as far as my sciatica is concerned, but two days afterward, my left arm and shoulder began to hurt.  Hurt like muscle hurt.  It has spread to my neck, and all on the left side.  If you know any symptoms of a heart attack, you know the arm hurting, the neck and jaw hurting, are indicators.  I have faithfully been taking my blood pressure, and it, along with my heart rate, are perfectly normal.  I am having to take pain medication to keep from screaming when it hurts really bad.  

I am calling the ortho doc today to see if I can get an earlier appointment than the already scheduled follow up from the epidural.  Unless there is a nerve involvement I can't imagine what is going on.

So, my yin and yang are messed up and I am tired of all this emotional 'stuff'.

(I didn't misspell the title of this blog....I always thought it was ying and yang, but not!)


8 comments:

  1. Linda, prayers for your health...
    And all your intentions.
    And you know...a good cry always makes me feel better.
    I swear it is an actual physical thing.
    But you are the nurse. : )
    Hugs from pleasant Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears are good, Linda. You are in my prayers daily. As you mentioned, we are all human and subject to doubt, fear and hurt. There is so much going on in your world right now, it's okay to let out the frustration and heart ache. Your muscle pain is most likely tension and stress. Feel the love coming at you, Linda! I'm sending you mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had that pain in my left shoulder and arm for quite awhile now. I even went to the emergency room figuring it was a heart attack. But not so. I agree with Terri that it is probably stress. And you sure do have enough of that right now. I'll be praying for you that things settle down and get better. And it's OK to have a meltdown now and then. We all do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're struggling physically and emotionally. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope things look up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this! Prayers from me also that you and Jim will have a better day. I pray too that the doctor will be able to pin point what the problem / source is. I know how frustrating mysterious pain is. Y'all are in my thoughts.
    Lots of Love ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you get answers and healing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot going on, and I think this would cause a meltdown in most of us. I think the pain is likely caused by stress too. Just know that you have a lot of people love you and are praying, including me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a meltdown and many tears are the best solution! Also support from our faith, family and friends never hurts either! Keeping you in my prayers that things start turning around in a better direction for you and for your whole family. Sending you a big hug, Linda!

    ReplyDelete