Tuesday, December 30, 2014

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!

Tuesday - I have been confused on the days of the week for nearly two weeks now. When a holiday is thrown into the mix, my old mind can't keep track.

We went to Aryn's last basketball game in the 'Best of Preps' tournament.  They won their game, she scored 31 points, and made all tournament team.  Can't beat that!

We have no games, no appointments for the rest of this week, so we can be as lazy as we want to be.  Wait, we already do that!

LIFE LESSONS ----

Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
When in doubt, just take the next small step.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
Pay off your credit cards every month.
You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
Save for retirement, starting with your first paycheck.
When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

....more to come

9 comments:

  1. All good lessons, indeed, and ones most of us learn as we get older. Saving for retirement is the best advice for any young adult, though! Sure wish I had started earlier.

    Congrats to Aryn and her team! Good for you and Jim with a lazy week this week. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO'S and AHHH'S on your blog and title / blog picture! Good advice, we saved for nearly 10 yrs and then hubby had a series of strokes and was forced into retirement at age 39, it took everything we had to survive for 3 yrs (awaiting SS) and savings were depleted ($75,000). Now, I am so use to living on a budget..no more excess; no more cars, trucks, houses, vacations etc etc. Found out rather quickly, what was more important and what was not.

    Congrats to Aryn...so proud of her and her team. You want snow? I will gladly pack some up and send it to you, lololol. Funny, didn't get a stitch of snow for Christmas, and now almost the New Year and we do. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, we are living on very very little these days. What scares us is that we will outlive the funds we have and then, what will we do! I can relate to what happened to you. I drive a car my late aunt left me, our house is paid for, PTL, no trips except to the grocery and church, a game now and then. But I too have learned that the Lord isnt through with us yet, and He will provide until He is ready to take us home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHH How I hear you...which is why it was time for me to "better" myself and go back to school...sobering fact that my bil said the other day, "Well..by the time you finish, it you will be like 51-52--then by the time you have to retest/retake the state exams, you will be into retirement & you'll be $100,000 in debt." (NY governor is trying to change the law and have teachers be recertified like lawyers/judges every 7 yrs)--- I wanted to scream at him...anyways---I get tired of just getting by..not complaining, because I sure have alot of faith and trust in the Lord to know he knows best. That is what scares me...outliving the funds--which we do practically every month anyways. Thanks Linda...Sending tons of hugs to you...

      Delete
  4. I've been goofed up on days too. Holidays do throw you off.
    Good advice today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been the same way the past couple weeks. The holidays have messed me up royally. I'll be glad when everything is back to its normal boring self.
    Good lessons to learn. Congratulations to Aryn. Sounds like her team is going to have another record year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am off on Christmas break and when I am not at work I cannot keep up with the day of the week! I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the good advice. I really like your blog background - adorable! Have a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Years!
    I kept feeling like today is Saturday because it's New Years and family was all home.
    God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete