1) Have you ever gone to bed, so tired you didn't think you could sleep? But........have you ever awaken just as tired? I did.
2) Did you think when you retired, you would have lots of time to do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted? I did.
3) Did you think that since you were sharp at work and could remember everything, it would be the same when you retired? I did.
4) Did you think you would enjoy doing the same things now that you did before you retired? I did.
5) Signs related to retirement, I never thought would happen to me. It did. (dropping things, forgetting what I had for breakfast this morning, going to bed at 8:30 (which used to be 10 or 11, and continue to rise at 6, (even when I don't have to;) forgetting my best friend's name, are among many.)
When I was young, I honestly didn't think about any of the above, much less that they would happen to me....not me....I was sharp as a tack....wouldn't happen to me....they did!
Come on in 'dementia' and have a seat, then I will have an excuse for all these things! lol
Look out young folks,
it can happen to you too..