Friday, September 26, 2014

FRIDAY FIVE!


1)  Have you ever gone to bed, so tired you didn't think you could sleep? But........have you ever awaken just as tired?  I did.
2)  Did you think when you retired, you would have lots of time to do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted?  I did.
3)  Did you think that since you were sharp at work and could remember everything, it would be the same when you retired?  I did.
4)  Did you think you would enjoy doing the same things now that you did before you retired?  I did.
5)  Signs related to retirement, I never thought would happen to me.  It did. (dropping things, forgetting what I had for breakfast this morning, going to bed at 8:30 (which used to be 10 or 11, and continue to rise at 6, (even when I don't have to;) forgetting my best friend's name, are among many.)

When I was young, I honestly didn't think about any of the above, much less that they would happen to me....not me....I was sharp as a tack....wouldn't happen to me....they did!  
Come on in 'dementia' and have a seat, then I will have an excuse for all these things!  lol

  Look out young folks, 
it can happen to you too..
-:)

6 comments:

  1. As they say..... I can relate. When we were still so active, sharp thinkers, not letting anything stop us from getting out, climbing those stairs, running to the car in a heavy rain... it was all so easy to do. Now I see an 'old lady', humped over, taking tiny steps trying to walk into the store, and think "that'll never happen to me". Wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of wisdom (or should I say warning) about the retirement stage of life. Although I can already (in my early 30's) relate to all of your points...
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and catch up on your sleep.
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got about 10 years before retirement, but I can see that'll happen to me too. I already have heard a lot about the busy part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to leave an answer but I can't remember the questions. (Hello dementia!!) *lol* Yeah, I'm there too. I was noticing today how really old my hands are looking. Aw well, good thing this body doesn't stay with us forever.
    Hope y'all are having a wonderful, relaxing evening. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thursday night..well..Thursday afternoon after my testing appt. I was so tired and had a bad headache..by the time I got home, well..I was just going to say, I was in bed by 8pm. Slept a full 8 hours. I so can relate to what your saying. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think any of us 'of a certain age' can relate to this post!!

    ReplyDelete