Monday, August 18, 2014

MONDAY

The older generation thought nothing of getting up at 5 every morning-------the younger generation doesn't think much of it either!
~~~~John J. Welsh

I did wake up this morning at 5:20 and it was storming....the thunder and lightning sounded like it was inside the house.  The rain on the tin roof usually rocks me back to sleep, so opened the utility room door and Cali came and snuggled down with me for a few more minutes.  Needless to say, that didn't last long and she was up and running here and there.  I think I 'charged' her too long!  lol

Strange things about the universe.......
There’s a separate “Earth” inside our planet: Earth’s core is not liquid iron as was once believed, but a solid ball the size of Pluto—and it spins faster than the rest of our world.

The Sun’s energy output every second is equivalent to the explosion of 91 billion 1-megaton hydrogen bombs.  (I cant even think what that might be...)

The slowest-spinning object in the known universe is the nearest planet, Venus. A person could walk faster than it rotates. (The person who wrote this, didn't know how slow I am!)

The most common object in the universe (possessing mass) is the neutrino. These tiny particles are more numerous than anything else by far. A trillion neutrinos fly through each of your fingernails every second.  (I didn't know, yikes)

I know we are a long way from fall, but it seems after the 4th of July, and when school starts again, it is 'fallish'.  I love fall.

HAPPY  DAY!

6 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite...
    Can't wait!
    Have a cozy Monday...
    We have nothing here...just a relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just full of information today. :) I love fall too, but could use a couple more weeks of summer before I'm ready for it.

    Have a lovely day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't be hard for Venus to win a race with me!! Ha!

    Cute visuals today, Linda! Fall arriving is very subtle, here in Florida, and we are a couple of months away. Still hot and sticky here.

    During the week, I am up at 5:00 every day. I'm SO looking forward to retirement...3-4 more years, though (unless we win the lottery!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures!
    I get up at 5:10 every day I work. I enjoy sleeping later on my days off.
    I never knew about the center of the earth - very interesting!
    I don't want to think about Fall yet. I hate what follows it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the all tidbits lol. I love fall and winter..and I am looking forward to it..however, ask me again in the winter when there is a foot of snow on the ground and breaking my neck climbing the hills/steps at school, lolol. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year too. Summer is my least favorite.
    I enjoyed the tidbits and the cute "thinking cat" graphic. I need one of those. *lol*
    Luv ~:)

    ReplyDelete