Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Today is a special day for us.  43 years ago today, God gave us the most beautiful baby girl.  She weighed 10 lbs. 6 oz. and was 18 inches long.  She was a month overdue.  She had the brightest blue eyes, long eye lashes and rosy cheeks.  She has been a true blessing all of her life.
She and her family are on their annual Florida vacation this week.  I did talk to her yesterday and they were having a good time, relaxing, soaking up the sun, and playing in the beautiful  blue water of the Gulf.

Summer is flying by!  It is hard to believe we are half way through July, and when we hear the word August, that means, 'the month school begins again'.

Our garden is producing faster than we can eat....Murphy picked 27 ears of corn yesterday and that wasn't even close to being all....tomatoes, okra, peppers of all kinds and sizes and squash daily.  You saw the first watermelon he grew in another blog post. We are sure enjoying the fresh veggies, and if he can keep the deer from eating it, we will have them til fall for sure.

That is really all my news, but did want to recommend a brand of coffee.  It is Gevalia (in the yellow package).  It is from Sweden and has a different but very good taste to us.
Enjoy your day!


8 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday to your daughter! Awesome news on the vegies! Yes,, summer is flying by, the public schools here start back after Labor Day, I start school on Aug 25, time is def. flying. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty girl... she looks a lot like her mamma. I hope she's having a great birthday. The fresh veggies from the garden sounds so good. I'd love to find some fresh sweet corn.... yellow corn. It seems all we can find at the markets is the white. Not sure what's up with that.
    Our county fair is the week over Labor Day and our kids go back to school the same time. Summer always goes by too fast. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by. You have such a pretty girl. Aren't our girls the prettiest? I love looking at family photos. My favorite posts are about family. I'm glad they are having a good time. I want me one of those coffee makers that does the single coffees like that! Maybe Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your daughter! She was a BIG baby!!! Oh my goodness! I hope that wherever they are in Florida, the rain hasn't been a problem. It has rained every day here, for weeks it seems. What a fantastic garden y'all have! Wow! I've not tried that kind of coffee. Will look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your daughter! I bet you were more than happy to have her, after waiting an extra month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is pretty...a real blessing to you I bet. I wish I had some of your veggies...but it will be going to the farmers market for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I echo the other comment about Florida. I live near the Gulf and it rains everyday during the summer months. And does it cool it off.....no!!!! Happy birthday to your daughter and happy munching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete